Castle Street Dance Studios takes the security and use of the information you give us very seriously.
- We will collect the information we need from you to get the job done.
- We will use your email and postal address details to provide you will essential paperwork – school newsletters, invoices and other notifications.
- We will use the phone number(s) you provide to contact you when we need to get hold of you urgently.
- We take just as much care over information relating to people under the age of 18.
- We pledge to keep our contact information up to date – and we would ask that you help us by filling in our contact information update forms each year.
- Personal Data is only stored for a period of 60 Days past current use.
- We will take care to protect and secure the information you give us – in electronic format, this means we will back it up and ensure that access is only given to authorised people in the course of School business. In paper format, this means that anyone who is given personal information is also charged with keeping that information safe and returning it to the appropriate person for filing in a secure location.
Web browser cookies
A cookie is a small file which requests permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
The website uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps to analyse data about web page traffic and improve the website in order to tailor it to customer needs. This information is only used for statistical analysis purposes and then removed from the system.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We take all industry advised precautions to protect any and all submitted and stored data, however Castle Street Dance Studios Ltd accepts no responsibility for loss of data caused by persons with malicious intent, computer attack or infection.
Personal identification information.
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised and other similar information.
Purpose of Data collection:
- Data is collected for a variety of purposes:
- Business Administration
- Monitoring marketing effectiveness.
- Facilitate a response to queries.
- Pre-entering data to office systems to expedite sign up processes.
- Improving our services and systems, as well as to allow us to provide requested services.
- To improve customer service.
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To process payments.
- We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- Marketing: Use of images collected by Castle Street Dance Studios Ltd with express consent.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature.
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send emails and newsletters.
- We may use the email address to send user information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If a user decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails the user may contact us via our Site.
Personal Any data which could be used to personally identify an individual. Including names, postal address, telephone/email, IP Address.
Personal & Sensitive Personal information which includes DOB, Medical information.
Non-personal Browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site as well as data which has been anonymised.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. Information may be handled by 3rd party Data Processors (Business Partners) on our behalf. Our business partners include
- Thinksmart Software (DanceBiz studio management software)
- Xero (Accounting Software)
- Google Ltd– (Gsuite, Adwords, Analytics),
- Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD)
- Royal Academy of Dance (RAD)
- Acrobatic Arts
- Wycombe District Council
- Buckinghamshire County Council
- Facebook (Advertising)
- Instagram (Advertising)
- Wycombe Swan Theatre
- Elgiva Theatre
- Chesham Arts Festival
- Michael Pitts Photography
- Microsoft Outlook
- Track & Trace COVID-19
Business Partners must attest that they also comply with all current legislation and GDPR.
How we protect your information – Data Retention & Security
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Personal Data is only stored for a period of 60 Days past current use. Data may be anonymised and stored for longer periods to facilitate business review and development.
Personal Data stored online or offline is protected by password and encrypted.
Data Transmission occurs only when necessary, only data required for the task is used, and transmission is conducted through SSL.
Castle Street Dance Studios Ltd holds an internal Data Breach Policy and Procedure and will act accordingly in the event data is compromised.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licencors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Right to withdraw Consent:
The User has the right to withdraw consent at any time. This request should be submitted electronically to the regional school [email protected]. The request will be also passed by the franchise to any 3rd party data controllers. Castle Street Dance Studios Ltd will remove or anonymise all stored data from all systems within 10 working days. Should the right to withdraw consent relate to use of images please include as much information & URL Links as possible in order to help with the request.
Right to complaint:
Should you believe Castle Street Dance Studios Ltd to have not acted in a fair, proper and safe manner regarding personal data you may submit a complaint the supervisory authority.
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Water Lane, Wycliffe House
Wilmslow – Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel. +44 1625 545 745
e-mail: [email protected]
Please also contact Castle Street Dance Studios Ltd at [email protected]
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes. Express consent for use of sensitive personal data is requested at point of submission. We do not store or track IP address’s with the exception of firewall blacklisting for security purposes.
Castle Street Dance Studios Ltd
A: 51 Green Hill, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP135QF
T: 07792 518455
Should you have any questions regarding the use of your data by Castle Street Dance Studios Ltd you may also contact us directly, via our contact page.
This document was last updated on 31/07/2020